Get StartedClick one of the options below to get started
What We Do
We believe in housing that is affordable for all, and “Helping People Help Themselves” is CHIP’s motto. CHIP is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation serving Butte, Glenn, Tehama, Shasta, Sutter, Yuba and Colusa counties. We assist low-income and rural disadvantaged residents, seniors and others who lack financial resources or knowledge to improve or provide adequately for their housing. Here’s what we do:
- Construct mutual self-help (sweat equity) housing and affordable multi-family apartment housing
- Manage rental properties we build and properties owned by others
- Provide farmworker housing
- Partner with other organizations to provide education and services to rental residents
- Build and enhance communities
Our organization has built more than 2,600 housing units in our seven-county service area and is acknowledged as an innovator and leader in rural housing issues. Read our most recent Annual Report.
CHIP is a chartered member of NeighborWorks America.